Thursday, December 9, 2010

How we started “Puzzling”

A few months back when my parents, Harshad (my brother) and myself were playing with a new jigsaw puzzle , my husband Parth had come over to join in. Knowing our family’s interest in puzzles, he started nagging me to write a puzzle blog. We started taking pictures of the puzzle as we progressed... and finally, I decided to give it shot and write something...

How we started “Puzzling”
In 1996-97 when I was around 13 years old, my mother’s friend Sadhana mavshi who had came back from a USA trip, gave us a jigsaw puzzle as a gift. It was a scene having snow clad peaks, below which there were trees showing fall colors having 1000 pieces. We were very excited about the puzzle as we had never solved such a large one till now..

Puzzle Vital Stats 
Pieces : 1000
Time taken to complete : around 4 months


We started 'puzzling' and had lots of fun because of many reasons. 
  • It was something new to us.
  • It was a challange , we had to think about how we would work on it. We always loved such brain storming and as we progressed in putting the puzzle together ,we realised it wasnt as easy as we had thought it earlier .
  • Our family worked on it as a team & spent time together.
  • Even though my grandparents wouldnt come to play with it, saying that it was too difficult for them, they always came to see the progress , appreciated what we did and encouraged us.
  • Many of our friends and relatives loved this activity and used to drop by at our place to play whenever possible.
  • In all it’s a nice family activity, it’s fun, it’s a nice timepass and yet you learn something or the other out of it.

I remember ..back then that I was always looking forward to reaching home from school and start playing with the puzzle pieces.

Whenever any relatives and friends came to our house, either they started playing or appreciated our efforts and enthusiasum. When the puzzle was complete,w e were very happy to see the whole picture so big.. We decided to get a frame for it and hang it on one of the walls in our home.  

1 comment: