Saturday, February 20, 2021

An opportunity for puzzle enthusiasts

At the beginning of Jan 2021, I heard of a new venture being started in Pune for jigsaw puzzle lovers - CLIK, the puzzle room. It's a club where one can join with small fee and enjoy playing with a variety of puzzles, on Saturdays.

I have heard of puzzle libraries before, however, if you don't have company to do it at home it may not be as much fun as in when you have someone to do it with.

At CLIK, you can subscribe to play individually or with partners. You get to meet more puzzle enthusiasts and eventually you may end up having a group of your own.

The variety of puzzles they have is admirable. There are puzzles having

  • Simpler and complex pictures
  • Large and smaller pieces
  • Very less number of pieces to thousands of pieces
  • Rectangular and round shapes

I recently visited the room, when they conducted a friendly competition for individuals and teams. It was great fun to watch different people taking different approaches to finish the given puzzles. 

The winners and participants received a fantastic memento.


I did not participate in the competition but got to solve the puzzle that was given to individual participants. It was a race against time for individuals and against another team for teams category. I was happy I could manage to race against the time with minimal overrun :)


The puzzle I solved was a round puzzle with famous  monuments like Eiffel tower, Tajmahal, Tower of Pisa, Statue of Liberty etc. This had 60 pieces. The challenge wasn't to build the monuments though, it was the judgement of the scale of that circle. Atleast I found it bit time consuming to put it together due to the shape of the puzzle. But it was fun to complete it as a race.


Another puzzle my mother and I played was a small, 108 pieces puzzle having a bullet train passing and Mount Fuji in Japan.


Overall we enjoyed the experience CLIK and I am planning to spend as much time there as possible playing with puzzles :).

For all the interested people, I would definitely recommend to get in touch for membership and pursue this hobby.




No comments:

Post a Comment